Monday Morning Musings – Live chat tomorrow
The Rangers are set to regroup after two dreadful losses and look forward to game 7 tomorrow night in Washington. Here are some headlines:
- We will be having a live chat during game 7 on Tuesday night. Join us for tons o’ fun. Punch and pie will be served.
- The Rangers will be without top penalty killer Blair Betts as he suffered a broken orbital bone and a concussion from the dangerous hit leveled by Donald Brashear. Brashear will most likely be suspended for the hit. [Ranger Rants]
- Steve Zipay has an absurdly deep statistical analysis of the series and game 7′s. [Blue Notes]
- Rick Carpiniello has an exchange between Larry Brooks of the NY Post and John Tortorella pertaining to the coach’s suspension for game 6. There are also many quotes from the coach which I suggest taking a look at including this:
“They have the advantage because it’s home ice. I’ve said, home-ice in Game 7 … but it’s funny what happens with the pressure and all. They’re supposed to win. I bet I can poll everybody here and nobody thought we’d get to a Game 7 in the series when it started.”
When a few writers claimed they picked Capitals in 7, Tortorella smiled and said, “Then I’ll poll you right now, who thinks we’re going to win tomorrow?”
And when nobody raised a hand, he said, “There we go.
- Artem Anisimov has been called up from the recently eliminated Hartford Wolfpack to repalce Blair Betts in the line up. [Blue Notes]
- And Finally, Shaone Morrisonn has no idea what Dubinsky is talking about! [Ranger Rants]
About the author: Eric is a lifelong Rangers fan and is currently studying Computer Engineering at Hofstra University. You can follow him on Twitter: @5holeEric